Monday, September 26, 2011

St. Kates

The moment I step into the oldest building at St. Kates I'm transported to Paris, France this summer. I'm not joking, the place looks like all of the old buildings in Paris. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but that mixed with 70's inspired buildings make the whole campus remind me of Webster, S.D. which ins't a good thing.
French like
Webster always feels like it's trying to hard to fit in with the modern times. Their always a step behind what's really happening. I can't completely explain it in words, but I know it when I see it.


Then the cafeteria. The food, great. I had penne noodles. What creeped me out was that it looked like a cafeteria at an old folks home. No joke. There was carpet on the floor and big comfy chairs, which could hold a frail old women, or a vastly overweight man.
Reminded me a bit of Harry Potter, it was a 'bridge' between two buildings
The lady who I met, and talked too, was so nice. She was blown away by me (her words not mine) and kept saying she really wanted to work with me. There is a ton of scholarships that I would be able to apply for and one English teacher created a class where all you do is talk about the seven Harry Potter books. (Are you freaking Christina?!?!?!?!)
Apparently the lady who founded the school built the building in the middle of the road because she was one to 'stick it' to the Man.
Two sisters, who wouldn't get along, designed this building. The founder lady split the building in half and now it has stairways that go no where.

It's very conservative, being an all girls school I don't know how it couldn't be. The tour was MUCH better and more in depth then the St. Thomas one. We (Mom, Dad, and I) had a private tour, it just happened to end up that way. The girl was from California, I bet she isn't ready for the Minnesota weather. What gave me a red flag was her saying, "Yea, when a girl brings her boyfriend on campus everyone is like 'Woah! You're a boy!'."
A dorm building, small rooms
I don't know about you, but I don't want to be completely deprived of boys, or as Sarah put it during Health today, "Boys are a big reason you go to college." This was followed with Clair nodding her head in agreement.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

lol oh man love these!

def would not want to go there. nuh uh.

Christina said...

Wut wut WHAT? Harry Potter class? Sign me up, please.

It's unfortunate that it's an all-girls school though...:(