Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Me?

To get anywhere in video class you need to learn to ask questions. I have always been good about asking questions, but I can understand why people would get intimidated around the cutaway people. Heck I still get a little intimidated around them!

Where are the tripods? Can I sign this out? When are we going to start? What's the new project? Can you show me how?

But when were in our own little groups, doing our own little thing (such as planning the next project) we need to ask questions.

What do we want to go for? Who will be in it? Who's gonna film? Can we check out a video camera? Do you want to edit? Does this make sense?

Especially when editing, questions arise.

How do you set a scratch disk? Render? Where did my project go? What did you save it as? How can I make this move? Where did you find that video filter? How come it won't import? Do you like this? Where is the voice over button again? What if I want to change the color?

Today, we started a whole class movie as our final project for the year. Mary came up with the idea and Mrs. Drew just rolled with it. Then she set us free.

Who's gonna be the director? Me?

No comments: