Friday, March 16, 2012

A La Past

At the end of last week I happened upon a few old photos of Gretchen and I on the home server. The picture above is of Gretchen playing mini-golf in Arizona. I thought it was perfect considering she spent the last week in Arizona.
I'm above, not sure where it is exactly. Just that I had those shoes and that swim suit top when I was in second grade. (making the photo from the summer of 2002)

Gretchen arrived home tonight, or well day now. I haven't gone to bed yet, so I'll say she arrive home tonight. She had a few stories and a few things she had gotten for herself, but nothing for the family. I know this sounds a bit greedy, but this is a blog and I want to express my feelings. I really wish she would have gotten something for us. I always get my family something when I go on vacation without them.

Though I should have seen this coming, when I went to Florida with Courtney and they went to Texas I got nothing where as I gave them gifts. I don't know about you, but I feel that it's a nice thing to do, buying a gift for the poor family members left behind during your vacation. Perhaps I should just suck it up. Okay.

1 comment:

Christina said...

You were an adorable kid! (And you still are now, lol)

I can see why you're upset about the gifts thing. You're a very generous person, and it seems like others should return the favor. I don't really know what to say about this advice-wise, other than I can empathize with you.