Friday, March 12, 2010

Say Cheese!

Today we went to the Grand Canyon.

Personally I think it's not really that 'grand' I mean it's cool, but it's just a big hole in the ground. Great spot for Christmas card picture taking and for well....here's what happened.

There was this huge group of Asian high schoolers who (I'm guessing) were on a school trip to the United States. They were all over the lookout point and when I went to blow my nose in the bathroom there was a group of girls in there. Then there were a group of boys pointing at me, but I just told myself I was being paranoid.

Then they were taking pictures of Gretchen's hair (well I thought they were talking pictures of G, that turned out different) and tried to start a conversation with me (in English), but I thought they were talking to each other.

I came upon them again by myself and they (they being the group of boys) were huddled whispering together. I turned around to look at the canyon as their teacher tried to round them up. All of a sudden one of the guys came up to me and said, (in perfect English) Can you take a picture with me?

Suddenly there were tons of Asians taking my picture with him and there girls were all awwing and thanking me. Then they were gone.

I wish I would of thought to take one with my camera.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

GO LIZ!!!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!