Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tuck...Everlasting!


"How about Tuck?", Courtney looks at me determinedly. Sure, Tuck and (now thanks to Hannah) Emmy. Tuck and Emmy, what cute kids!

So, for those of you who aren't in my lunch, this is how it all started. I announced that I was going to name my kid Luy (LuLu for a girl, or a second boys name) because it doesn't have any broken letters in it. For example B is a broken letter because it has two holes in it and D is also an example. i is another type of broken letter. It doesn't have any holes, but it looks like somebody broke a lowercase L in half.

In the end the only vowel I can use in my kids name is U, because all of the others are broken. Then with consonants that makes it....15 and one vowel. And well, Y I consider it not a vowel, so I counted that already. There are also letters with unbroken uppercase letters. Like I and E. I can use thoes

Okay, now I'm doing the probability math in my head, and if their are no repeats, there would be 16! = 20,922,789,888,000 (plus the I and E)

That's a lot of possibilities. So, anyone have any ideas?

No comments: