Tuesday, February 23, 2010

El Sol


Started watching October Sky today in history. We watched it last year in Science with Mr. Luke. I really liked it, and then (being the person I am, according to Courtney) I googled it. Man, can't believe that 'googled' is a verb.....

The movie was going to be called 'Rocket Boys', but they though that people wouldn't go see a movie called 'Rocket Boys', so they made up an anagram with the letters in Rocket Boys and got October Sky. I didn't know how appropriate it was until I remembered that it's all about Sputnik (the first man made satellite to be launched into orbit) and that it was launched October 2ed...into the October sky.....I'll let you mull over that. Nora's brother's twin is in the movie, kinda' creeps me out. The dude (guy on the far left) isn't quite as annoying as Reid, but hey, he tries.

I know most of you don't believe that there is a god, but could you pray for Ragan's family? I think they would really appreciate it.

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

1 comment:

Meghan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.