Monday, February 22, 2010

Together As One

The aura around her was like death. I slip into stride with her as I walked to English and she doesn't even smile. Her smile is what makes her, her. Realizing this my heart drops into my stomach and makes me feel like I need to puke. This feeling shouldn't be handed to someone as nice as her or her family.

The waves I've been suppressing from the summer after sixth grade roll over me and I try to push back all the emotions that wash down upon me. It's hard not to immediately think about Susan when I hear the word death. The whole ordeal really scarred me. I can tell you the exact moment I lost my innocence. Not something you really want to be able to do.

I'm sorry Ragan, I don't deal with death and sadness very well. I hate emotion, that's the real reason why I refuse to watch Titanic. I just want you know I'm here if you need me, I'm going to try my best. I love you.


here comes a time
When we head a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all

1 comment:

Meghan said...

seriously not to make light of this whatsoever---hating emotion doesn't sound healthy! crying is amazing!

but anyway, sorry.