Friday, January 1, 2010

Please Don't Explode...

"Well I'm glad to get 2009 out of the way."

That's what my eleven-year-old cousin told me as we were racing up and down her street reining in the new year. There is a fireworks display each year by her house so that was popping and booming behind us.

It was so pretty....if only I had a better word.

Earlier tonight we went sledding on this steep, steep hill. Mom and I went down together and man was that wild! I closed my eyes and it was just a series of big bumps. Mo told me she about peed her pants.

It was so cold that my eyelashes would freeze and I would have to squint my eyes to warm them up. I was thinking it would be a good thing to do a descriptive writing for. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Well, here's to 2010 and the next decade. Let's hope it doesn't end in 2012.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

...jesus this was really good..