Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just In A Days Work

It's been go, go, go since 2:15 today. Once that bell rang after 6th hour it was like a marathon.

The director (Alison) said she was going to ask if we could go first for rehearsals because we went really late last night. We all get into the theater and are looking at costumes when we hear that were going to practice last! Apparently there was a list in the dressing room that said the order we would practice in today was the way we would have it during the shows. It also said we had to be done by 5 because at 5:15 there was a meeting in the auditorium.

We think it's all good, you know we'll at least be out by 5. So we hang in the dressing room for a while and chug some energy drinks. Those tasted like medicine. Gross, and then Kayla was eating some of my goldfish and a quesadilla. We then watched Petars play (he's from Surbia) and that was interesting. And he started his sean all over. Then Kayla said she felt sick and I then started feeling sick too.

I calmed myself down by saying it's just because someone else is sick so I'm just making this all up. Kayla, on the other hand, raced to the bathroom. She turned out okay, but the energy drinks weren't a good idea. We then decided to practice in the choir room. There we found Adrain, Kiely, and Meheer super hyper. They had found the energy drinks. That was an energetic practice.

It's like 10 to 5 and we still aren't on. They fourth play is in the beginning stages and our play is 20 minutes long. Harry (the theater manager) says we can go up until 5:15. At 5:03 we race on stage and place all of our props in the correct places. Then it's curtain call.

I go out and almost forget my line, but make a nice save thanks to Adrain's look. Then I get off for a while and call mom to give her another update. As I walk towards Sam and the girl who plays the Techie (I can't remember her name, but she's really cool) they look scared. Then the techie girl says, "They've said that line twice, they don't know where they are."

On stage Kiely and Mikaela are doing their sean. To both got mixed up somehow and were confused at where they were. Kiely picks up a scrip (a prop and it's also part of the play) and tries to ad-lib a few things, but eventually whispers (loudly) to Adrian WHAT'S THE LINE.

RRRIIIING! RING RING! I yell loudly. Sam and Techie girl look at me like I'm crazy. I'm not supposed to do it here. Kayla (jumping at the chance) races across stage and says "Hello Jason, how did the Wikerman account go?" Which cues me to come on stage and say "Sorry my bad."

By then Kiely and Mikaela know where they are and Kiely just goes with it. During the time where I really need to ring the phone. I tell Sam to keep on going after I ring it so it's just like the stage manager screwed up again and that it's part of the play. I do just that and Kayla (being the amazing actress she is) jumps up and pick up the phone. "STOP CALLING US!" She screams, it was perfect.

I also got to play the director. That was fun, the girl wasn't there and I had fun fake crying on stage. Then I up and left, but as I walked out of the dressing room I saw Kayla laying on the floor dead and Meheer run off stage to kill himself. I yell BANG (because I was supposed to) and then leave.

Once in the car I remember I have the last line in the play, but Mom needs to get to dance so it's too late.

I also went to the school board meeting, but i'll save that for later.

No comments: